Learning Resource Center
The Learning Resource Center (LRC) is a brand-new, state-of-the-art Center that houses all academic support services in one convenient place. The LRC is open to all faculty, staff, students, and community members within the area served by the college. Students come to the LRC to utilize library services, free tutoring, Testing Center services and more.
- One-on-one and group tutoring in Mathematics, Writing, English, Science, and other subjects
- Online tutoring via Zoom Technology
- Laptop and hot spot checkout for up to 7 days at a time
- Graphing Calculator checkout
- Use of computer lab and printers
- Use of laptops, Wi-Fi and wireless printing
- Student-usable versions of all software taught on campus are available
- Online databases with many full-text articles, accessible both on and off campus
- Individual and group study rooms with innovative technology to enhance your studying experience
- DVDs, popular fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels as well as board games and playing cards -new items are available every month
- Textbooks and other materials on reserve
- Chargers, headphones, digital cameras, etc.
- Free Hot Beverages!
LRC staff, including tutors, are available to offer one-on-one assistance in study skills enhancement, time management strategies as well as using library resources, whether print, audio-visual, or electronic. The Library of Congress classification system is used for print collections, and a single online catalog provides simultaneous searching of resources. The online catalog is accessible through the library website at http://www.northark.edu/campus-life/library/index and on the library’s portal page. The combined print collection is approximately 10,000 volumes, and the library also provides access to several e-book collections. Students and faculty also have access to the inter-library loan services provided by the library for research materials not available locally.
Please ask the front desk if you have a question on any topic. If we don’t know the answer, we will find the person on campus who can help!