May 27, 2020
The Associate of Science in Criminal Justice is a transfer degree for students who plan to major in a criminal justice related field. North Arkansas College has an agreement with Arkansas State University (Jonesboro) to offer students a seamless option for transfer into the bachelor’s degree program in Criminology. Students planning to transfer to ASUJ or another transfer institution should work closely with a North Arkansas College advisor to follow the prescribed selection of courses and other requirements, needed for transfer into a bachelor’s program.
Program Learning Outcomes
An understanding of how the criminal justice system and its agencies operate together as a system.
An understanding of how this system is designed to bring about social justice.
An understanding of the various theoretical frameworks that explain the definition, causes and consequences of crime.
An understanding of proper standards of conduct regarding investigation, collection of evidence and procedural processes.
These courses will transfer to many colleges and universities. The following presumes transfer to frequently selected institutions; Arkansas State University Jonesboro (ASU) and University of Arkansas Fayetteville (UofA). Please check with your advisor for more information.
First Semester: 15 Credits
Second Semester: 16-17 Credits
Third Semester: 16-17 Credits
Fourth Semester: 15 Credits
Gen Ed and Directed Electives
U of A
One Math above College Algebra
General Education Electives
- AJ (any course not already used)
- AGRI 2313 - Introduction to Agribusiness Credits: 3
- AGRI 1004 - Introductory Animal and Poultry Science Credits: 4
- AGRI 1114 - Principles of Horticulture Credits: 4
- AGRI 2143 - Feeds and Feeding Credits: 3
- AGRI 2204 - Soil Science Credits: 4
- ART (any not already taken)
- BA 2133 - Introduction to Statistics Credits: 3
- BA 1003 - Introduction to Business Credits: 3
- BA 2003 - Accounting Principles I Credits: 3
- BA 2013 - Accounting Principles II Credits: 3
- BA 2103 - Business Communications Credits: 3
- BIOL (any not already taken)
- CHEM (any not already taken)
- CIS 1103 - Introduction to Information Technology Credits: 3
- DRAM (any not already taken)
- ECON (any not already taken)
- EDUC 1213 - Education Profession Credits: 3
- EDUC 2013 - Child Growth and Development Credits: 3
- EDUC 2213 - Educational Technology Credits: 3
- FA, FL, GEOG, GEOL, HIST (any not already taken)
- HPER 1003 - Personal Health and Safety Credits: 3
- MM, MUS (any not already taken)
- ORT 1003 - College Success Skills Credits: 3
- ORT 1201 - College Seminar: A Pathway to Success Credits: 1
- PE (limit 2 hours)
- PHIL, PHSC, PHYS, PLSC, PSYC, SOC, SPCH (any not already taken)