The Manufacturing Technology Technical Certificate is designed to provide training necessary to obtain a position in the Machine Tool Technology Industry. Students will learn safety in the workplace, the basics of blueprint reading, technical math skills, G and M Code interpretation, computer numeric controlled (CNC) machinery set up and operation, machine tool routine maintenance, decision making and problem-solving skills, and managing a career in the manufacturing technology industry. In addition, students practice job planning and management, quality and inspection, process adjustment and improvement, technical communication, properties of metals, and computer programs related to machining.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Understand and use basic safety in the manufacturing and machine tools industry.
- Understand and use of measurement systems and instrumentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and apply blueprint reading data.
- Demonstrate ability to work among a diverse team of members to produce desired results.
- Identify and properly use correct equipment for applications in the manufacturing industry.