Nov 28, 2023
My Academic Plan (MAP) - Paramedic
Degree: Technical Certificate (TC)
Major Code: 2510
Advising: KC Jones, Program Director; (870) 391-3125, firstname.lastname@example.org
Advising Center: M184 South Campus; (870) 391-3115
This MAP serves as a guideline to graduate in 4 semesters. The Key Milestones/Prerequisites listed for each semester highlight significant achievements that must be completed in the degree track. Students who do not follow the four semester plan and/or who do not complete identified milestones may jeopardize their financial aid (if applicable) and/or delay graduation. Please refer to the Northark catalog or advisor for any changes or modifications which may have occurred after the publication of this document.
- Program Application Required: YES
Contact KC Jones, Paramedic Program Director (see above)
Northark recognizes the important connection between student success and academic preparedness. Students may be required to complete one or more of the following courses before enrolling in college level courses. Summer and/or intercession courses may be required to graduate within 6 semesters. Developmental course credits earned do not count towards degree completion requirements.
The Paramedic Program at North Arkansas College offers a one-year technical certificate which produces Paramedics for advanced hospital care and transportation. This program meets and exceeds the current national DOT standards and curriculum. Graduates are eligible to take the State and National Registry Tests. Students train in area hospitals as well as on Arkansas paramedic level ambulances.
Prospective students must:
- be accepted as a student in the college
- be accepted into the Paramedic Program
- be 18 years of age
- have a high school diploma or GED certificate
- be in good health
- have a current Arkansas EMT certification or be in the testing phase
- be currently certified in AHA Health Care Provide CPR
- have completed ACT and/or the COMPASS test and have scores sent to Northark
- have all immunization records on file
- have two written recommendations
- carry malpractice insurance which is obtained each semester when paying fees
- have a minimum grade of “C” in each prerequisite course and in each course required in the Paramedic Program.
Tuition charges per semester hour as approved by the Northark Arkansas College Board of Trustees. Paramedic books, liability insurance, name badges, and uniforms will be an additional cost. This does not include certification in costs for ACLS, ITLS or PTLS, or PALS.
Possible Prerequisite Courses
Students must complete each required course in the remainder of this MAP with a minimum grade of “C” to obtain this degree.
Students begin in the Pre-Allied Health Certificate of Proficiency (CP). Required courses (bold) from Pre-Allied Health CP to be completed prior to program entry include: